Thursday, October 31, 2013

Casualties Of War

i stand alone in this killing field
i’m hungry and tired and my body’s froze
blind fear becomes my only shield
here i stand, but i’m not alone

waking up in a cold sweat
am i alive, or am i dead
nightmares of bloodshed
can’t shake this war from my head
drawing near the blood tainted grass
i come face to face with fear at last
is the instinct every man would have
it all just happens so fast

as i enter a state of shock
my heart rapidly pounds
as adrenaline replaces fear
my killer instinct is all i have now
i pull the trigger as i hold my breath
laying my fear to rest
war’s a saga of endless death
as the bullet echos into his chest

i’m sorry for your pain
but your not just another notch in my gun
i’ll never know your name
but somewhere there’s a family without a son

dead silence as the bullets buzz
i’m a moving target on the run
in this battle forevermore
am i a casualty for this war



Lyrics: D.Allen & J.Hamilton


No comments:

Post a Comment